Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Zinnia Elegans

The Zinnias have come and gone this year at my house. The past few years they have been great in attracting butterflies and hummingbirds. My Mother started planting them a good many years ago here at the house and I've been planting them the past few years. They're native to Mexico and naturalized to the United States, Europe and South America. A new fact for me in that the blossoms are said to be edible. Maybe next year I'll catch a taste of one. Interesting that the early Spanish colonists in Mexico thought they were ugly and called them mal de ojos , meaning evil eyes. I guess we can definitely see things differently! To me I see them very lovely. Take a look around with open eyes and discover God's creation where you are. 
Zinnia elegans

Zinnia elegans

Zinnia elegans

Zinnia elegans



Zinnia elegans


Zinnia elegans






No comments:

Post a Comment