Saturday, October 18, 2014

Obtuse-Leaved Tick Trefoil - Stiff Tick-Trefoil (Desmodium obtusum)

Stiff Tick Trefoil was one I found among other varieties of Tick Trefoil this summer. These were all near each other and with other wildflowers. After having these pictures for a while I finally identified which one this was. Keeping up with what I've been discovering has kept me busy.  Stiff Tick Trefoil is native to and can be found throughout the eastern United States, north central and the south central United States. It can also be found in Cuba and Guatemala.  Some species of Desmodium have been used medicinally but as for this one specifically I haven't found any references that say that it has been. I'll just leave it as more information needed and as far as I know not edible. Maybe now I'm catching up on plants I've been trying to identify and write about. At least until the new discoveries come again. Take time to know the Creator and discover His creation near you . 










No comments:

Post a Comment