Monday, October 6, 2014

Common Buckeye Butterfly (Junonia coenia)

I didn't expect to leave the house today and see a new butterfly. I thought I would clean up some leaves in the back and finish up another blog about a wildflower in the neighborhood. Sometimes things don't go as we've planned but still work out for the good. My son went to do some jogging and walking in our neighborhood. On one of those laps around a dog bit him. He wanted to finish his exercise and asked about going to the track. Not what I had planned but for good God turned it. We went and I decided to take the camera along. I walked while he jogged and I took pictures of wildflowers, berries and this Buckeye butterfly. Their residence is in the Southern United States where I am and the coast of California, Bermuda, Cuba, Isle of Pines, Central America, Columbia and Southern Mexico. It can also be found in Southern Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia. This one moved around a lot at the track. So I spent some time chasing butterflies. The eye spots on this butterfly are said to be used to scare away predators. My what big eyes you have ! :)   A nice discovery God brought my way today. My plans had to change but God turned that for good. Take time and discover God's creation where you are.   


And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 

Common Buckeye (Junonia coenia)

Common Buckeye (Junonia coenia)

Common Buckeye (Junonia coenia)

Common Buckeye (Junonia coenia)

Common Buckeye (Junonia coenia)

No comments:

Post a Comment