Thursday, May 1, 2014

White Clover (Trifolium Repens )

I can remember as a child looking at the clover growing in my yard. It never crossed my mind that it was edible both leaves and flowers. I think I might have been searching for four-leaf clovers back then. Many years have past but white clover still remains in my yard. White clover is high in protein, contains beta carotene, vitamins b and c. It also contains biotin, choline,  inositol and bioflavonoids. A word of caution though clover in warm climates can produce small amounts of cyanide they say. Well living in the South I guess you could say that I'm in a warm climate but I have tasted white clover . I tried small amounts and it did not make me sick. I also thought the taste was good. Discovering His Creation for me is a joy ! Ask the Creator what He wants you to discover today. 











No comments:

Post a Comment