Tuesday, August 5, 2014

False Nettle (Boehmeria cylindrica)

I spotted False Nettle growing in the woods beside our house recently. I didn't know at first if it was False Nettle or Stinging Nettle. I've only begun to learn this year so many names of plants, weeds and wildflowers I've seen for years. False Nettle does not have the stinging hairs as does Stinging Nettle. From Canada to Florida and west to Texas you can find False Nettle as well as Central America, South America and the Caribbean. I could find no information that this plant is edible or medicinal but neither is it listed as poisonous either. We could just leave it as more information needed and more to learn. I would love to hear from anyone who can tell me more. The Creator has all the answers though and man is still so limited in what we know about the creation we're surrounded by. Take a look around you and discover God's creation today. Ps. See if you can spot in my pictures what creature is hiding among the leaves of False Nettle (Boehmeria cylindrica) Let me know if you find it . :)


False Nettle (Boehmeria cylindrica)
                                                                           

False Nettle (Boehmeria cylindrica)



False Nettle (Boehmeria cylindrica)

False Nettle (Boehmeria cylindrica)

False Nettle (Boehmeria cylindrica)

False Nettle (Boehmeria cylindrica)


1 comment:

  1. I has a wonderful taste, eaten raw uncooked....I have had no reaction except that I want to eat more. I read another plant blogger says they are OK to eat, she has then on her edible list.....mostly people don't know. All I know is they taste great raw

    ReplyDelete