Saturday, April 26, 2014

Penstemon Arkansanus (Arkansas Beardtongue)

Penstemon Arkansanus (Arkansas Beardtongue) is a member of the Beardtongue Family. I just found this growing in the backyard among the other wildflowers. I haven't noticed this before but daily I'm making new discoveries. It Attracts bees, butterflies and hummingbirds. Even while taking these pictures there were a few bees enjoying their white flowers with lavender streaks as well. They can grow approximately 2 feet tall and the ones I found are close to that. I enlarged some of the photographs so you can see how it got it's name beardtongue. Another one of God's lovely creation to look at that might go overlooked and trampled under foot by some. 
Arkansas Beardtongue 


Arkansas Beardtongue  

Arkansas Beardtongue 

Arkansas Beardtongue 

Arkansas Beardtongue Stem 

Arkansas Beardtongue



No comments:

Post a Comment