Friday, April 25, 2014

Indian Strawberry (Mock Strawberry)

Indian Strawberry (Mock Strawberry)

Indian Strawberry (Mock Strawberry)

Indian Strawberry (Mock Strawberry)

I do have true strawberry plants growing in my yard but this is not . I've seen these since my childhood and never paid them much attention. The Indian Strawberry has yellow flowers . Real strawberries have white flowers. The fruit may look like a strawberry but they are not juicy and lack flavor they say. I've never tried them since we were told they were poisonous but not true according to many sources. Unfortunate confusion about that. There is some value in this little weed . It's said to be medicinal and contains vitamin c. The name didn't come from American Indians but is said to be native to Southern Asia. Just another discovery of God's creation in my own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment