Friday, April 25, 2014

Making discoveries in your own backyard

Some time in the 90's I started wondering about the trees, plants and weeds that were in my yard and surroundings. Everything has a name and a family even to the smallest and tiny wildflowers but I knew almost nothing about them. I took a few trips to the library in the 90's and looked up some things. There wasn't much available but learning a little was better than nothing. Much time past and with internet available has come an opportunity to learn the things I only wondered about then. Many surprises of the wild edibles and medicinal uses of what was in my own backyard. Wow! if we only knew our surroundings! Now I take the time to photograph each tiny flower or as some would say weeds and research more about it. A journey has begun to discover God's creation. There are things He has placed here that are solutions to problems. While man overlooks them for only a temporary answer. May our eyes come open to see our Father's creation and what He's placed in our own backyard. 

4 comments:

  1. I think it is great to learn about plants in your own back yard. Hard to research though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is Chad. Takes a little patience but I've been learning a lot. I've been blessed though to find the information I needed relatively quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber you are my kind of lady. I think we have a lot in common. I have been researching cure for stomach problems that I have had for a while. I believe God is calling me back to nature for my healing. He doesn't always work the way we think he should so I am open to any way for him to work to bring healing. I believe he can heal instantly, but I also believe he heals in what he has given us. If you know of anything that I may have in my backyard, or side yard, or wherever to help my stomach, I would love to know. I have tried a few of those you mentioned on your blog. Some I liked and some I didn't. I have known of roses for years but never really tried them, but now I will. Enjoyed this so much. I love flowers and have a yard full. 2 Years ago, I have over 21 herbs in my yard. I have to get back there. Keep on. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cherry ! God bless you ! It depends on what type of stomach problems you have. I see a lot of information and will keep in mind what you said. I also will pray God directs you to the best path for complete healing. He knows just what you need.

    ReplyDelete