Saturday, June 14, 2014

Trumpet Vine (Campsis Radicans)

Trumpet vine is growing up the hedges (Chinese Privet) in between my neighbors house and ours. It might have been there for years but I never actually noticed it until last year. It's also growing up the trees on a woodsy lot in our neighborhood and can grow up to 30 feet high. Trumpet Vine is native to Eastern, North-central and South-central United States. It is a food source for the Ruby-throated Hummingbird  and bees love to visit it also. Trumpet Vine is NOT edible and all parts are toxic. So admire it's beauty only. Contact with the leaves or flowers can cause inflammation and blisters so if handling gloves might be needed. I never realized until recently just how many plants in my yard and area actually could cause this reaction. My understanding is growing of God's creation that can and has caused me much discomfort and pain in the past. I stand protected and covered in their midst now. :)

Lift up thy voice like a trumpet, Isaiah 58:1

Trumpet Vine (Campsis Radicans)

Trumpet Vine (Campsis Radicans)

Trumpet Vine (Campsis Radicans) growing up the trees in our neighborhood. 

Trumpet Vine (Campsis Radicans)


No comments:

Post a Comment