Friday, June 13, 2014

Golden Tickseed (Coreopsis Tinctoria)

This wildflower is from the Aster family and is different from the other Tickseed I've already photographed and written about. This one was on the side of the road in my neighborhood and from a weedy spot I might say. My son and I decided to move one of these up to our house. This particular spot had a few other things I'm spending some time identifying. I don't remember seeing Golden Tickseed when I was growing up here but maybe I didn't notice as many wildflowers as I do now. It also didn't use to be as woodsy as it's become. The flowers of this plant can be boiled to make a tea from. The blossoms can also be used to make a natural dye. I might have to try this if we have enough of blossoms I can gather. Maybe for a future project since discovering and identifying the wildflowers and other plants is keeping me busier than I planned this year. This year I'm taking a closer look at God's creation that surrounds me. I hope you will too. 



Golden Tickseed (Coreopsis Tinctoria) These were on the side of the road and had fallen over.

Golden Tickseed (Coreopsis Tinctoria)  These were growing on the side of the road and had fallen over.


Golden Tickseed (Coreopsis Tinctoria) We moved these from the side of the road to our backyard. I love the clouds in the background.  

Golden Tickseed (Coreopsis Tinctoria)


Golden Tickseed (Coreopsis Tinctoria) Now in our backyard. 

Golden Tickseed (Coreopsis Tinctoria) 

No comments:

Post a Comment