Friday, August 7, 2015

Spiny Oakworm Moth (Anisota stigma)


 For whatever reason moths seem to like hanging out at our front door. Maybe because of the porch light. I never remember when I was growing up seeing such interesting moths as I have the past few years though. The Spiny Oakworm has stayed in the same spot next to our front door for the past few days. My son first noticed it and it's hard not to see it when going in and out of the front door. The females are larger than the males and have small black specks on the wings. The forewing also has a small white spot on it. Males are redder than the females. They can be found throughout much of the eastern United States from southern New England to central Florida, west to Texas, Kansas and Minnesota. So much of God's creation can go unnoticed but He has opened my eyes to see a new world that maybe I overlooked before. Take time and discover God's creation where you are. 


Spiny Oakworm Moth (Anisota stigma) 

Spiny Oakworm Moth (Anisota stigma) 


Spiny Oakworm Moth (Anisota stigma) 
Spiny Oakworm Moth (Anisota stigma) 


No comments:

Post a Comment