Saturday, August 8, 2015

Pearl Crescent (Phyciodes tharos)

This is the first Pearl Crescent I've seen in my yard or at least since I've been learning the names of some butterflies  anyway. It was flying around the Zinnias and the Periwinkles. It's said to be found in all parts of the United States except the west coast. It can be found in parts of Canada and Mexico as well. The female color is usually darker than the males and with paler median spots. The males have black antenna knobs and females do not. For the past few years I have been discovering more about butterflies and enjoying the beauty God gave to them. I'm learning new names and each year God opens my eyes to see and discover His creation where I live. Take time and discover God's creation where you are. 



                Pearl Crescent (Phyciodes tharos)


                   Pearl Crescent (Phyciodes tharos)


No comments:

Post a Comment